Skip to main content

The Power of the Coconut

For the past year I have been making products at home (Yes in my own Kitchen) and testing them out to see what I like and how I can truly benefit from them in my day to day life. I also suffer from eczema so a lot of products on the market for hair, body care, and fragrances I cannot use.  One all natural product ( that we find in most African American products) I have not run into any problems with is raw, organic Coconut Oil.  I am not the only one that creates and uses homemade products. A lot of my Sisterfriends do the same, however this is a common and consistent product being used amongst most that I chatted with.


















Here are a few of my FAVories. .

1. Massage Oil~ Coconut oil soothes tired and sore muscles. Add a few drops of essential oils (virgin olive oil, rosemary oil, or lavender oil) for a more relaxing a sensuous scent.

2. Stretch Marks~ (Every woman just about has one or two. .if not more of these Tiger Stripes somewhere) For prevention and softening marks from pregnancy, weight-loss or gain, etc. simply apply the coconut oil to the marks (preferably after a nice warm bath or shower) and massage in circular motions to make sure the affected area is covered. Try doing this once a day.

3. Face Masque/Scrub ~Mix Coconut oil with a teaspoon of baking soda, sugar (white), cinnamon, and raw oatmeal. Once mix dampen your face with a warm wash cloth, apply mixture, and let it sit for 15 minutes. Remove by splashing luke warm water on to the face until all the product is removed.  Then place a cool wash cloth on to your face to close pores and apply moisturizer of your choice.

4. Lip Balm~ There is nothing to this. Just apply a dab of raw coconut oil as needed to your dry and clean lips. .and GO!! This oil is the ultimate for hydrating and protecting your lips.

5. Eczema~ Apply drops of coconut oil to the affected areas. It will help reduce break outs, pain, on going flakiness, and dryness. Also it hydrates the skin to keep it smooth and soft without irritation. (Also a relief for those who suffer from Psoriasis and Dermatitis)


I decided to share a few of the benefits and unknown uses for it. I would also LOVE to hear back from some of you with your recipes and other ways you may enjoy using the product. 

Be sure to Follow me on Twitter with feedback 
@TNBeautyQueen
@TheeSophistiKat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flyy Girl

I'm sure you saw the title of the post and thought I was going to start talking about myself. .LoL!! Sorry!! Anywhoo. .over the weekend I heard some of the BEST news a book-lover could ever hear. .That one of your FAVorite characters will be coming to the big screen. Picked up by "Codeblack Films" a subsidiary of Lionsgate they will bring to life one of the most known urban book characters "Tracy Ellison" of Omar Tyree's book trilogy that all started with "Flyy Girl". I have been reading Omar Tyree's books since I was 17 and he is honestly one of my FAVorite authors. A little on Mr. Tyree. . (Woo. .Isn't he Handsome!!) A child of the 70's Tyree was born and raised in Philadelphia (he let it be known that he is a "100% Philadelphian) with a strong stepfather who was a role model and a disciplinary that gave him the freedom to explore and put him in line anytime he strayed. Tyree became a fan of classic fil...

In Living Color is BACK!!

To celebrate their 25th Anniversary, Fox is bringing back one of it's MOST successful shows. .none other than everybody and their mama's favorite "In Living Color"!! Keenan Ivory Wayans will produce 2 half hour specials this seasons.  If the specials are a hit (i.e. ratings) the actual show will RETURN next year as apart of the Fox 2012 Fall Line Up.  Wayans has yet to say if any of our favorite's Jim Carrey "Fire Marshall Bill", Jamie Foxx "Wanda", or the clown we could never get enough of "Homie" Damon Wayans will make any cameos.  It has been stated that their will be a BRAND NEW cast for the new season. .So you know what that means? Maybe the Sexy NEXT generation of Wayans will be taking the reign's. .Damon Jr. .Damian. .Hmm. .Either way. .We are READY!! We will keep you posted on when the specials will air. .So we can get the ratings they need. .So we can have one of our FAVorites back

Labor Day

Labor Day was founded after the Pullman Strike of 1894, when President Cleveland was hoping to gain political allyship by honoring railroad workers. However, the story about the involvement of the Black Pullman porters in the labor movement is not always told. “Pullman porters were black men who worked in the train cars attending to their mostly white passengers, performing such tasks as shining shoes, carrying bags, and janitorial services. During this period, this profession was the largest employer of blacks in the nation and constituted a significant portion of the Pullman company’s workforce…” -Theodore R. Johnson Despite Black porters being a significant part of the Pullman’s workforce, they were not allowed to strike and were also denied access to the labor union. This led Black railroad workers to form their own union, the Brotherhood of the Sleeping Car Porters, which was the first Black union in America. A. Philip Randolph was the first president of the union, and he was also...