Skip to main content

Thrifty Finds

One thing I love is a Bargain!! Now don't get me wrong. .if I see something I want and it's not on sale I will buy it, however if I can get something at a discounted price. .I am overjoyed.

My Mother introduced me to Thrift Stores and Yard Sales at an early age. I used to LOVE getting up on Saturday morning, gathering my snack, crossword puzzle books, and heading out to the exclusive subdivisions here in the city for their annual "Community Sales". We used to find all types of steals. From designer handbags/clothing/shoes, toys, games, paintings for the house, home decor, etc. You name it. .we could find it. The BEST part is that my mother and I always had a great time!! 

Thrift Stores are another FAVorite of ours. We have several that we go to here in the city and we always find others to check out when we are out of town.

Today we stopped at one of our FAVorites!! My Mom found 2 pairs of BaDD shoes for me for the upcoming Spring/Summer seasons. The highlight. .We both pair for less than $10!! I tell everyone "If you see me in a pair of BaDD heels, 9 times out of 10 my Mother picked them out or purchased them for me". LoL!!

1 pair of BCBG Wedge Sandals 
1 pair of Express Platform Cork Sandals


I can't wait to pair them with stylish and sophisticated pieces that I have in my closet. .or who knows? Maybe I will find something on my next Adventure!! 

@TheeSophistiKat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flyy Girl

I'm sure you saw the title of the post and thought I was going to start talking about myself. .LoL!! Sorry!! Anywhoo. .over the weekend I heard some of the BEST news a book-lover could ever hear. .That one of your FAVorite characters will be coming to the big screen. Picked up by "Codeblack Films" a subsidiary of Lionsgate they will bring to life one of the most known urban book characters "Tracy Ellison" of Omar Tyree's book trilogy that all started with "Flyy Girl". I have been reading Omar Tyree's books since I was 17 and he is honestly one of my FAVorite authors. A little on Mr. Tyree. . (Woo. .Isn't he Handsome!!) A child of the 70's Tyree was born and raised in Philadelphia (he let it be known that he is a "100% Philadelphian) with a strong stepfather who was a role model and a disciplinary that gave him the freedom to explore and put him in line anytime he strayed. Tyree became a fan of classic fil...

In Living Color is BACK!!

To celebrate their 25th Anniversary, Fox is bringing back one of it's MOST successful shows. .none other than everybody and their mama's favorite "In Living Color"!! Keenan Ivory Wayans will produce 2 half hour specials this seasons.  If the specials are a hit (i.e. ratings) the actual show will RETURN next year as apart of the Fox 2012 Fall Line Up.  Wayans has yet to say if any of our favorite's Jim Carrey "Fire Marshall Bill", Jamie Foxx "Wanda", or the clown we could never get enough of "Homie" Damon Wayans will make any cameos.  It has been stated that their will be a BRAND NEW cast for the new season. .So you know what that means? Maybe the Sexy NEXT generation of Wayans will be taking the reign's. .Damon Jr. .Damian. .Hmm. .Either way. .We are READY!! We will keep you posted on when the specials will air. .So we can get the ratings they need. .So we can have one of our FAVorites back

Labor Day

Labor Day was founded after the Pullman Strike of 1894, when President Cleveland was hoping to gain political allyship by honoring railroad workers. However, the story about the involvement of the Black Pullman porters in the labor movement is not always told. “Pullman porters were black men who worked in the train cars attending to their mostly white passengers, performing such tasks as shining shoes, carrying bags, and janitorial services. During this period, this profession was the largest employer of blacks in the nation and constituted a significant portion of the Pullman company’s workforce…” -Theodore R. Johnson Despite Black porters being a significant part of the Pullman’s workforce, they were not allowed to strike and were also denied access to the labor union. This led Black railroad workers to form their own union, the Brotherhood of the Sleeping Car Porters, which was the first Black union in America. A. Philip Randolph was the first president of the union, and he was also...