Skip to main content

Ooooh Devin. .~*

For the past few years I have been following yet another CRUSH. .
Ladies when I say this man is the BOMB.com he is. .in every way imaginable.
Talented. .Godly. .Giving to his community and philanthropies. .and the list goes ON!!
Who am I speaking of. .none other than Devin Thomas ;")





















Now he has a Super Bowl ring (won with the New York Giants Super Bowl 2012) to add to his many accolades.  He recently signed a 1 year contract with the Chicago Bears for this upcoming season (so you know my D. Thomas Bears gear will be on deck) and also SINGLE he was featured in YRB magazine April 6th. .Here are some of the highlights

On winning the Super Bowl and pursing other career avenues. .

“Oh my goodness. I felt so heroic. I felt like something out of a comic book. Like a superhero defeating the enemy. Everybody’s shit going crazy. The parade for the Super Bowl win was the best feeling in the world. It just goes to show what an amazing city this is. It’s where dreams come true,” Thomas says. “That energy made me want to experiment within other areas. I would love to get involved with the movie business, and the first thing that became available to me was the lead role in a Fantasia music video. I was excited and jumped in. Fantasia is a spectacular artist and I was amped about the experience. It was a learning process; I was surprised with the time it takes for the production. We were there all day and it only created like three and a half minutes. It was crazy to see how much effort was necessary, but I’m looking forward to getting involved in more projects. I certainly would like to consider the big screen a goal of mine. I’m pushing towards that. Film was something that always interested me. At this point, it would be a dream to get a hold of a script and be a part of something great.”















On what he is looking for in a woman (Me of course. .LoL )

“I’m looking for a woman I can talk to,” he continues. “Someone I can have a good time with. I’m not looking for anyone to pressure me into doing anything crazy. I would like to find somebody to develop something with. I’m definitely not trying to be rushed, but I’m open to meeting someone who is real and patient.” Another realm Thomas would like to get involved in is fashion. He considers style a crucial part of learning a person’s character and knows that it will help to understand his. First impressions exist, and you’ll like the one he gives.
















On his LOVE for ink. .

“Over the past couple of days, I had my artist come through and sharpen up some of my work. Turn my gladiator piece into HD – High Definition,” Thomas boasts. “I’m a very artistic type of person. I like to express myself, and my skin is a canvas. If there are important elements in my life, I relish in the fact that I can wear those elements on my sleeve or on my leg. It represents who I am on the inside; it represents my mentality.”

All I have to say is. .I'm in LOVE all over again. .LoL!!
Check out more about "Mr. Showtime" in last year's post "SophistiKats: Gentleman of the Week" http://thesophisticatechronicles.blogspot.com/2011/05/sophistikats-gentleman-of-week_30.html. TRUST I will be bringing you more updates. .

@TheSophistiKats
@TNBeautyQueen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flyy Girl

I'm sure you saw the title of the post and thought I was going to start talking about myself. .LoL!! Sorry!! Anywhoo. .over the weekend I heard some of the BEST news a book-lover could ever hear. .That one of your FAVorite characters will be coming to the big screen. Picked up by "Codeblack Films" a subsidiary of Lionsgate they will bring to life one of the most known urban book characters "Tracy Ellison" of Omar Tyree's book trilogy that all started with "Flyy Girl". I have been reading Omar Tyree's books since I was 17 and he is honestly one of my FAVorite authors. A little on Mr. Tyree. . (Woo. .Isn't he Handsome!!) A child of the 70's Tyree was born and raised in Philadelphia (he let it be known that he is a "100% Philadelphian) with a strong stepfather who was a role model and a disciplinary that gave him the freedom to explore and put him in line anytime he strayed. Tyree became a fan of classic fil...

In Living Color is BACK!!

To celebrate their 25th Anniversary, Fox is bringing back one of it's MOST successful shows. .none other than everybody and their mama's favorite "In Living Color"!! Keenan Ivory Wayans will produce 2 half hour specials this seasons.  If the specials are a hit (i.e. ratings) the actual show will RETURN next year as apart of the Fox 2012 Fall Line Up.  Wayans has yet to say if any of our favorite's Jim Carrey "Fire Marshall Bill", Jamie Foxx "Wanda", or the clown we could never get enough of "Homie" Damon Wayans will make any cameos.  It has been stated that their will be a BRAND NEW cast for the new season. .So you know what that means? Maybe the Sexy NEXT generation of Wayans will be taking the reign's. .Damon Jr. .Damian. .Hmm. .Either way. .We are READY!! We will keep you posted on when the specials will air. .So we can get the ratings they need. .So we can have one of our FAVorites back

Labor Day

Labor Day was founded after the Pullman Strike of 1894, when President Cleveland was hoping to gain political allyship by honoring railroad workers. However, the story about the involvement of the Black Pullman porters in the labor movement is not always told. “Pullman porters were black men who worked in the train cars attending to their mostly white passengers, performing such tasks as shining shoes, carrying bags, and janitorial services. During this period, this profession was the largest employer of blacks in the nation and constituted a significant portion of the Pullman company’s workforce…” -Theodore R. Johnson Despite Black porters being a significant part of the Pullman’s workforce, they were not allowed to strike and were also denied access to the labor union. This led Black railroad workers to form their own union, the Brotherhood of the Sleeping Car Porters, which was the first Black union in America. A. Philip Randolph was the first president of the union, and he was also...